I am pinching myself at the thought.
I cannot believe that this lifelong dream... vision... desire... is coming to fruition.
How is it possible?
I went to my pottery class tonight and as I was driving home, I started to cry.
I was so overwhelmed with the fact that I am actually going.
There was a flash moment where I saw myself get off the plane.
I was overcome with emotion at the thought.
Africa.
It has been calling my name for so long.
"get your sermons ready girl!" Wanda says.
What? For real? WHO YOU TALKING TO?
Sermon?
S? (plural!)
"oh girl, they are having an outdoor crusade!"
"SAY... HUH... WHAT?"
Oh dear.
Did I say... sermon?
Oh boy, I have a LOT to say, but in front of THOUSANDS?
oh dear.
Needless to say, I GOT MY TICKET!
Okay, but I don't have room and board, or the cost of my icky shots. Those are scheduled for Friday. $500.00 buckeroonis I need!
I REALLY don't want typhoid, yellow fever, or malaria. You know?
Ewww.
If you cannot help me financially, I completely understand.
BUT, can you please pray for me while I am there? July 6th-16th.
Also, can you pray that the people that can afford to donate, will? I said to my sweet friend today, "I hate asking for money to do something for me... something I am so excited about."
She said, "This isn't about you. This is about the BIG man."
It really is, about the BIG man. (I just happen to be super, duper stoked about it.)
Also, I don't love to fly. Please pray for my peace of mind. SERIOUSLY. I will not let it keep me here, but I D O N ' T L I K E T O F L Y.
Pray for my sweet children. And, my sweet, completely selfless, loving, always supportive husband, Tony. He didn't even bat an eyelash when I asked him if he thought I should go.
"Do you mind me disappearing to Africa for a few weeks?"
"Are you kidding? Who am I to stop you from something you have felt called to do your whole life? THAT would be crazy."
I got the best one girls.
Sorry, but it's true.
Oh, and one more request.
Could you leave comments for me?
I love to know what you think.
What you hear.
What you feel.
I will continue to update here from now on. Bookmark me.
Or, just check in when you think of me.
I have NO idea what kind of internet access I will have, but count on updates whenever I can.
sigh.
I am going to
A F R I C A.
wow.
xoxo,
me
Ps. Here is the PayPal link. It is secure. It is easy. I don't see your info.
I have had over 1300 people view my pledgepage. If every one of them had donated $1.00, I would pretty much be at my goal. EVERY dollar counts for me.
We wish you he best and are very happy to know that you are finally going to Africa.
ReplyDeleteWe will be in Mexico while you are away. Count on our prayers and hearts going with you.
We can not wait to hear everything about the trip.
Please stay safe and sound!!!!!
Carmen, Manuel, Montse and Andrea