Immediately, I loved the idea.
Last week, a friend of mine sent me a check. In the envelope she said, "please, will you find someone who is blind and pray for them?".
There is a woman that I went to high school with, who found me on Facebook. She is an amazing photographer, but has some crazy degenerative eye disease and has been losing her eyesight. For the last month, I have been praying for her as she endures experimental, risky chemotherapy treatments.
I am starting to see a theme.
I think the ground is being tilled.
Who will I meet in Kenya?
Do any of you have old eyeglasses you don't use anymore? Maybe your prescription has changed. Maybe you don't like the 80's style, saucer rimmed, alien eye look. The Sally Jesse Raphael, red rims you used to think were way cool...
Perhaps you just want to clean out.
How about offering up some focus... some vision for folks that otherwise might never see clearly?
If you have some that you are ready to ditch, let me know. I will come and get them! (unless you live in Timbuktu, then you are going to have to make a run to the PO!)
I am still $850.00 away from what I need for my room and board and my visa. I have never been a great fundraiser, so if you have a great idea, pass it on. I am supposed to have this last amount in a week! I find myself in that desperate last stretch to line things up.
Here is where the F word comes in handy.
F
A
I
T
H
No comments:
Post a Comment