It was on a lake.
We slept in cabins.
Played capture the flag and foosball. Both of which, I was champion.
I was fast back then.
I used to go out in the lake and tread water. I just wanted to see how long I could do it.
Hours would pass and all the kids would be diving off the dock or canoeing. I was treading away. I think I have always been my own, toughest competition.
We would have talent shows. I was not champion of these.
Bonfires, where we would tell our stories, sing our songs. Make s'mores.
We had chapel every morning and night.
To this day, I have never been in a service where the music was so pure.
100 or so camp kids, singing their hearts out.
I woke up this morning with one of my favorites stuck in my head.
Here's how it goes.
Faith, faith, faith,
Just a little bitta faith...
bom bombombombom,
Faith, faith, faith,
Just a little bit-ta, FAaAaA-ith....
Well, you don't need a whole lot,
yeah ya do,
Just use whatcha got...
oh yeah,
Faith, faith, faith
Just a little bitta faith.
The big faith word is being super, duper stretched this week.
As I try to think creatively how to raise the last couple hundred dollars in 3 days, I wish faith came more naturally to me. I am not a blind faith kinda gal. I wish I were.
The next chorus of the song is Love.
Then Joy.
hmmmm...
If FAITH is followed by LOVE and JOY, I guess the question is, why am I not flying blind?
I am almost done with my harassment phase of this adventure, just about $700.00 left to raise.
I know it isn't that much, but I literally don't have it. I have tapped into every extra penny we have, there are no more emergency funds to take from. No more emergency fund at all.
(yoikes)
Like I said, my faith is being stretched. Pulled and contorted, but it's rubbery. It ultimately bounces back into position, ready for the next pull.
Help! (or send to someone that can.)
Prayers are still wanted, needed and appreciated.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment