Kenya Is Calling Me

Kenya Is Calling Me

Monday, June 29, 2009

6 days

In 6 days, I will be boarding my plane and heading to Kenya.
I still cannot believe that it is so close.
I started to make a list today of things I may want to bring.
Bandaids.
Neosporin spray.
Bug repellent.
Journal.
Handi-wipes.
Benedryl.
Advil.

The list goes on.

I am hitting that pre-travel mark.  You know the one?
Where you are SO excited, but terrified as well.
I am not afraid of Africa.
It is the fear of all the unknowns.

I don't want to think about how much I will miss my kids and husband.
Will I get to speak to them?
Will I be able to update this blog?  
Will I be able to charge my camera battery?  THAT is a BIG one for me.
Will they have coffee?  Silly, maybe, but... I'm an addict.
Will I raise the rest of the money I need?  I want to leave without the weight of bills owed, stuck on my shoulders.  
How many books should I bring for the plane?  Will I read them?  
Do I bring my debit/credit card?  Could I even use it if I brought it?

Like I said, the list goes on and on.
If you think to pray for my peace of mind, I would appreciate it.  
I don't like this feeling of panic that keeps trying to creep up on me.
Olivia woke up this morning and wrapped her arms around me.
She said,
"Lord, bless my mama to FEEL ALIVE.  Bless my mama to travel safely to Africa, and bless her to come home safely."
It made me cry.  

Oh, and PS.  If you have eyeglasses, I am still collecting them, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment