At this time tomorrow, I will be scrambling around my house, searching for things I may have forgotten to pack. So far, I have gotten over my panic about flying, pray it remains that way. I mean it. My kids are starting to realize that 10 days is a long time for me to be halfway around the world. Isabelle was fine until I mentioned that they may not get to speak to me much, if at all. Then the tears rolled... and rolled.
Olivia is being a clown and just keeps pretending/joking that she sure is glad those 10 days went by so quickly and that I am home already. She copes like her daddy.
Justice just gives me a sweet smile and curls her head into my chest. She is my stoic one. (gee, I don't know why this is a trait of hers.)
My body is having physical symptoms of nervousness, even though my brain doesn't agree.
THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE LAST SOLICITATION FROM RHEBA!
I am still, 1 day before, a wee short of what I need for this trip. I have been having faith that a last minute donor will come in and save the day. (although, I suppose you could ask how much faith I have if I am still putting it in my blog!)
PLEASE know, I am not asking you that have donated, to add to your donations. I GREATLY appreciate every single penny that has come in. I couldn't go on this trip without you.
PLEASE know that I have spoken or emailed several of you that will be generously praying and can't afford to give. I am NOT trying to guilt you either. (You guys all know who you are...)
I couldn't go on this trip without you guys either.
From here on, all you will hear about is how wrecked I am for Africa.
Tomorrow, I will fly to Detroit, hop on a plane to Amsterdam, where I have a bit of a layover, then, hop on a plane to Nairobi, Kenya. I will arrive in Nairobi around 5:30pm, their time, on Tuesday. Nairobi is 7 hours ahead of us EST, so I guess that would be 10:30am here.
Hopefully I will find a computer that I can update on while there.
Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment