Once a month I go to a women's meeting. It is an amazing time of worship, love, friendship and intimacy with God. The first meeting I attended I met a woman named Wanda and her cousin, Eilene. Sweet, lovely women. I KNEW they had been or were going to Africa. I looked at them and said, "take me with you." "you're going", said Wanda. Our March meeting rolls around. Great anticipation... there is going to be a surprise at this meeting. Wanda enters. A man follows. What? WOMEN ONLY! No, he entered and we all gathered our breath. We knew he was different. His name is Bishop Manasseh Mankuleiyo, a Maasai warrior, Bishop to 21 tribes on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Bishop Manasseh has led one of the greatest revivals ever in an area called Banana Hill, Kenya. We had the honor of hearing how the Bishop became who he is today. His struggles. Almost leaving the ministry and ultimately, how one decision had impact on an entire nation. Both Time and Newsweek magazine documented how God was demonstrating His power in Banana Hill, through Bishop Manasseh, over 40 years ago. There was SO much more, but I talk too much as it is, so the short version... The Bishop looked at us and said, "I WILL see you again. In Africa". I looked at Wanda. She nodded her head. Thumbs up! So, here goes. Bishop Manasseh has invited Wanda, her husband, Leon, and their team, (which includes me!) to Kenya, to minister to his people. Our team will be going to minister to over 21 churches among the Maasai people, in early July. I'm running out of time! I know we are all in similar boats... money is tight, ALL the time. I would love if you could help me, I understand if you can't. Even if you have great ideas on how to raise money, that helps. I need to raise approximately $2500 for my ticket and stay, and an additional $500-$1000, for any needed shots, or medications. All donations are tax deductible. I promise to take pictures and I will try to leave the babies there...... |
Kenya Is Calling Me
Kenya Is Calling Me
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment